History of the Bründlkapelle

Bründlkapelle © Andreas Schwameis

The Haunoldstein beautification and village renewal association is dedicated to the history of the Bründlkapelle. To mark the 100th anniversary of the chapel and the local spring, the story of its creation and importance is to be elaborated together with local historian Dr Gerhard Flossmann.

The Bründlkapelle and its surrounding are a popular, religious pilgrimage site. Immediately behind the chapel is a spring that has existed since 1900. It existence was known about long ago and was proved by extensive archaeological excavations in the immediate vicinity of the spring during the construction of the freight train bypass around the turn of the millennium.

This and further information on the Bründlkapelle and the spring should be explained on three display boards and exhibited in weatherproof display cases on site.

Discussed in the project selection committee: 24.07.2017
Project type: small-scale/micro project
Project promoter: Verschönerungs- und Dorferneuerungsverein Haunoldstein (Haunoldstein beautification and village renewal association)
Funding level: 80%
Project duration: 2 years
Supported by the federal government, the federal province and the European Union (LEADER).